Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

14 Pumps And 400 Feet Of Register Tape

Fire Island Michael Nonie Rafael David and ErnestoImage by david_shankbone via Flickr

by James Jarvis
from My Arcology
November 11, 2001

    Uuuuggggh! It turned out to be 10 hours in Arconia today. Ten hours on my fracturing heels processing pump orders. Processing, processing, processing. Hell is a lot of things. Yes. There are many levels of hell. One of them is 14 gas pumps and 400 feet of cash register tape.

    To make matters worse, Creepy brought me a surprise plate of spaghetti around 5. He sashayed over here from the Motel Marquis crack motel in his fire engine red Daisey Duke bluejean cutoffs and it looked like the reopening of Fire Island right here in south central crackland.

     It looked way too snugly wugly domestic to my Arco co-workers and they started teasing me about being gay. Said my "wife" brought me dinner. How sweet. That's true love.

    Screw it. I don’t care what they think. I was hungry and my roommate makes a mean plate of spaghetti.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |