Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Anatomy of a New Year's Eve Homeless Veterans Shelter Meal

My Cajun buddy here at the Home for Wayward Vets in Shreveport, Louisiana just served me some of the finest tasting venison I've ever EVER had. He's getting ready to go to Arizona or South Dakota or Oregon panning for yellow bottom gold up in the hills. I'll sorely miss his cooking! Billy brought the deer meat from his Christmas pass and John cooked it right up in his 100 year-old iron skillet.
My Home For Wayward Veterans buddy Billy Johnson, ex Army Ranger in Vietnam whose son shot the deer we ate today.
My Home For Wayward Veterans buddy John MacGee of the south Louisiana MacGees, great Cajun cook of seafood, venison and such and erstwhile gold prospector.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |