Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Every Hen House Has Its Rooster


by James Jarvis
Feb 10, 1999

    Went to an acting class' mid term evaluation, which consisted of the students performing short excerpts from  5 plays. My Hawthorne hooker friend invited me since she was in three of them. Sat next to her other friend, a Norwegian hooker who was taking her kids to Disneyland afterwords.

    My Hawthorne hooker friend has been going on and on about one of her classmates, Carl, who she says looks like Antonio Banderas and makes her 'swoony'. She says he makes all the girls at the acting school swoony.

    I couldn't believe it when I met him. I was expecting suave, sophisticated, debonair. Turns out he's just some B class would-be Swedish Lothario with a penchant for overdosing on herbal vitamins. Herbal vitamins. What a jerk. Well, I guess every hen house has it's rooster.

    True to form, Carl ODed in the audience on herbal vitamins during the recitals and an ambulance had to be called. Actors. They all want center stage.
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |