Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've Got Momentum Now


The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.
---Frances Willard

Fri Feb 27, 2004
U.S. Vets homeless veterans shelter

     I took a break from my internet activities up in my General Population room to go downstairs and see how the common folk were doing. I walked over to the computer room. Just as I stepped inside, the computer room administrator, manager, babysitter, whatever you wanna call him, shouted:

     "THIRTY FIVE MINUTES, GENTLEMEN! CLOSING IN THIRTY FIVE!"

     "Thirty five?" Someone groaned, "I just got on!"

     I smiled and stepped back outside. Never again. Never will I have so much friction about getting on (and staying on) the internet. Never will I have to pig-trough my way on to a veteran-sticky computer. Never will I have some loud schmuck trying to elbow me off the keyboard so he can play computer games or call up a dating website to fantacize about some woman who wouldn't run screaming from the U.S. Vets dorm (there are such women, but I wouldn't want to meet them!).

      I've got my own internet access upstairs in my GP room now. I've got momentum.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |