Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Exorcism in Room 118


by James Jarvis
from Tales of An Urban Nomad
Dec 14, 2001

    I was sitting in my broken crack motel room barcolounger, working my biceps with the hand weight, watching 'The Factor' on Fox when I heard glass crashing behind me. A deep, baritone voice yelled "JESUS CHRIST!" and then there was cursing and crashing and growling and screaming and the gnashing of teeth and the sounds of a body hitting the floor and I thought, "The neighbors are going at it a little early tonight. Guess I'll be seeing the deputies pretty soon."

    But I was wrong. I opened my roommate's door to pass through to the toilet we share and he was back there watching "The Exorcist".

    It may have only been my roommate's tv I just heard with the cursing and crashing and growling and screaming and the gnashing of teeth, but I know the non-televised exorcisms will start soon enough.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |