Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Not Going Anywhere 'Easy'

English: Homeless man, Tokyo. Français : Un sa...Image via Wikipedia


Three to five hours of humping beer and soda cases at the Arco gas station every day is no longer enough exercise for me. This last week I've found myself yearning for more, so I started lifting light weights at 'home' in my crack motel room. While I'm watching Fox News in 'my' broken barcolounger, I pump a 10 pound hand weight across my chest . . . two hours every night. I'm feeling the burn.
My feet are getting better, too. Ten years of working / slacking on my ass had decimated my foot muscles from atrophy, apparently. My foot pain used to stay with me for three or four hours after I'd gotten off my feet. Now it's gone in half an hour.
My health got really bad during my homelessness in the car. Sometimes I'd lay in that car for days and days without ever getting out (in matters of toiletry, I can only say that if nothing goes in, nothing comes out).
I probably should have died many times in the nineties. Medically, I definitely should be dead, but I'm a hardheaded, stubborn contrarian. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go anywhere easy.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Digg!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |