Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Unemployed Thoughts On The Food Chain

SeerImage by James Jarvis via FlickrA man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.
---Epictetus


I was walking over to the Arco to get some cigarettes tonight when one of the crack whores catcalled out to me "Hey, buddy. Wanna see the mystery of life?"

What she was referring to was a crude $1 live street corner peep show, but still it was a much, much more intelligent come-on than what they usually say. It got me thinking about the basics.


I think the basic question in life, going way back to whenever we first started despoiling this planet, is "Can I eat it, or will it eat me?"

We have gotten away from that. We have secured our superiority in the food chain (hee hee, so we delude ourselves) thus we flounder around with less important worries now, mostly about how much stuff we can accumulate (before something eats us).


I need a job. Not to get more stuff but so I can continue to hang around here and get philosophical inspirations from the crack hoes.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Ads by AdGenta.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. At least you don't have to climb a mountain to get wisdom from crack hoes...

    ReplyDelete

Share |