Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kind Seeks Kind




I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
---Oscar Wilde

 

While I was down at the DMV getting a $5 copy of my H6 driving record for some prospective driving jobs, I filled out an application to work at the DMV. I'm no longer holding out hope for that cashier job at the Arco gas station next door. The Mediterranean owner seems to have a policy of only hiring non-native people who know English only as their second language.

That's his prerogative as a business owner. If he wants to discriminate against Americans in America, he can. He has the full support of the American government to hire only aliens if he wants to.

I guess he figures aliens will be more controllable employees. I would take my cigarette business to the Korean liquor store across the street, but that guy over there refuses to carry my brand. He says Carltons don't sell enough to bother with ordering them.


I sold some books as the used book store today at about 20 cents on the dollar to be able to get a $7 haircut. I hope I look more clean-cut and hireable. I had enough cash left over to buy a $2 pair of Salvation Army dress slacks. I'm trying to overcome the handicap of not having a criminal record and being able to pass a drug test. Seems like the employers in THIS neighborhood would be more comfortable with me if I could flunk the drug test.

You think I'm kidding, don't you? Well, remember one of the immutable laws of the universe: kind seeks kind.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! I came from Korea. He wants to tell you the good news. Come to my blog. Look at the video. Please comment. Thank you. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome ;). Now, go get a job.

    ReplyDelete

Share |