Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hobnobbing With Filipino Royalty


A just cause is not ruined by a few mistakes. ---Fyodor Dostoyevsky
 
A friend wrote concerning my Arco manager:
“Get a raise from your Filipino boss. Tell her your friend is royalty in the Philippines. I'll explain later. I got blue-blood. She might be impressed you hang out with VIPS. She'll treat you with respect from now on.”

My response:
“She's all right. She feeds me her table scraps often and was very patient today when I exploded all over Allah for about 15 minutes. The bastard snarled at me because his relief was late (had nothing to do with my stocking duties), so I ended up challenging him, daring him, cajoling him and screaming at him to step outside and try snarling at me . . . but he wouldn't come out and 'play'.

The thing that most people don't realize about street fighting is that most often to GET a hit in you gotta TAKE a hit. That's when you can really hurt someone: when you're willing to take a few hits. I've been hit many times in the last few years. It's not so bad. In fact, it's kinda invigorating, but you'd know that playing soccer like you do.
Anyway, I'll tell her I hobnob with Filipino royalty and see what happens.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |