Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

My Roommate's College English Teacher Is Stupid


by James Jarvis
from Life With Creepy

  My roommate got back his essay on "Legal Aspects of Advertising" (which I wrote for him) from his English teacher. She is stupid.

     She marked up his paper incorrectly. She had no trouble with "his" content, just "his" punctuation. She wanted him to capitalize some nouns and de-capitalize some proper pronouns, insert semi colons where colons belong and insert possessive apostrophes where none belonged.

    Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. For $75 an hour, I would tutor this English professor on correct English punctuation. Nothing less than $75. Apparently, the imbecile professor needs a lot of work. A college English professor who doesn't know correct English punctuation is bad enough, but the fact that she is passing her ignorance on to the next generation is kinda irksome.

    On the other hand, I must remind myself that in this case, no harm was done. This errant English professor passed her ignorance on to MY roommate and if you've been paying attention to my stories about my roommate Creepy, you know that in the case of my roommate, ignorance is bliss.
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |