Pages

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Life In A Town Famous For Tongue-Wagging


March 1, 2011

Heard two rumors at the St Joe's soup kitchen tonight. The first was that my momma was going around town telling folks the lie that I had stolen her life savings from her last month. Of course it was my drug addict sister Beth Peterson's lie filtering out of momma's mouth, but it still hurt. The silver lining is that Momma will be too embarrassed about her lie to come scratch on my bedroom window mornings begging for money to buy my sister beer and cigarettes.

The other rumor was that one of my hobo friends had killed another tramp out on 59. THAT rumor I had to investigate. I drove around to several in-town hobo camps until I found my suspect.

"Have you been killing folks out in the tall grass?" I asked him, waving an accusatory finger at him.

He said he hadn't and that was good enough for me.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |