Pages

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A Bear In The Woods Singing Dirty Little Ditties



Sometimes it bothers me
when I hear coyotes howling in the tall weeds;
coyotes howling over some sacrificed cat carcass,
a cat sacrificed by the voodoo people,
in the tall weeds
next door.

Sometimes it bothers me
when I hear coyotes howling in the tall weeds
and others only hear
'a dog barking somewhere'.

But then I realize
that I'll be the first one
to hear the bear in the woods,
the first one
to spot the midnight wolves
approaching fast and stealthy
off the corner of Mayhem & Desperation.

Of course, the 'dog barking people'
have more sense
than to be in the woods at night.
But I HAVE to be out there,
because, you see,
I AM the bear . . .
one of the bears;
a bear in the woods
singing dirty little ditties.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |