Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spare Me Daytime's Noisy Trappings


A spoken word rendition of my poem about noise.

Save Me Daytime's Noisy Trappings
by Jolie Blond (that's me)
05/11/04

This I love with all my heart:
the quietude of midnight's start,
and salient mercies of that kind
when noisy days begin unwind
into the slumbers of the mind,
and rhythmic softness I can find
from evenings' whispered self design.

And this I hate with sonorous rage:
the clangorous noise that fill the days
with blunderbuss and yak yak yakking,
metallic din and all that nascent racket
with engine roars and diesels clacking,
with TV's ceaseless soundtracks' clapping---
oh, save me daytime's noisy trappings.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Digg!

2 comments:

  1. Was almost in yer nexck of the woods last Sunday night. Stayed in a hotel off 1-30 in Texarkana. Looked down from the counter and there was a tourist thing for Marshall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshall has tourism? For what???

    ReplyDelete

Share |