Pages

Sunday, September 02, 2007

What I've Done



by Jolie Blond (that's me)
06/08/04

What I've done,
I've done:
youthful pranks
and pointless desecrations,
sometimes from malice
sometimes for fun.

Isn't it strange
so many years later
sitting in this room
deranged,
derailed,
failed,
wondering where
I was snared
by bad decisions,
poor choices---
and if I could've
better fared
listening
to other voices,
wondering
if I should have been out
plundering career
instead of
adventure.

Isn't it queer
sitting here in fear
of the past's
retributions?

I won
most of the battles
I had begun:
I burned bridges,
slashed communications
isolated relations,
fought from ditches
and burned the witches.
I engineered all kinds of disaster
for those who crowned themself
my master.

I've still got things to do.
I can't be looking back
at the ruins of
battlefields past.
There are other battles
to be won
and what I've
already done,
I've done.


Digg!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Weird hearing all that wisdom coming from that young kid. Wish I could give up regret, but I don't think I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT iiS THiiS SONG ABOUT?

    ReplyDelete

Share |